FW: [rescue] $35 50gig drives

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed May 4 17:10:23 CDT 2005

Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> http://www.poppyfields.net/filks/00064.html

OK, judging by the places and names, this is a different Ten/Eleven
hybrid, since the one I played on was at Hatfield Polytechnic in England.

I was building a project on it that would use an extended,
fast-converging variant of the Gauss-Seidel algorithm to numerically
solve systems of simultaneous equations in arbitrary numbers of
independent variables, but I ran out of time because they told us two
weeks before the end of the first year that it was a one-year course,
not two-year as listed in the course catalog.  So I ended up having to
just submit the shell I wrote as a front-end to the whole thing as a
project instead, because it was more or less complete and the solver
wasn't yet.  Bah.

--
 Phil Stracchino
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net