[rescue] $35 50gig drives

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 4 13:37:46 CDT 2005

Wed, 04 May 2005 @ 12:50 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> laz at moaa.net wrote:
> > I've had good luck dealing with http://spartantech.com/
> >
> > the have the 50 gig drives, and 72 gig drives fro $63.
> > I got a batch of the 72 gig drives, had 2 bad, they replaced with no problems.
>
> Yowzah.  Might pick up a stack of those 73GB disks myself once we're
> established.  They may run too hot for the 711 case, but even without
> that, I could fairly inexpensively have about 0.6TB online from the E3000.

Yeah, the website says "Condition: new".  I wonder if that means like
new, or really new.

They have 50GB SCSI for $35 each, and IBM 36GB for $30 each.

Since either would be enough space for me (several of them), I would
like to pick the quieter of the two.

My Seagate and IBM SCSI drives are all fairly old, and noisy.

I'm hoping the 36/60 gig drives are a bit quieter since they are newer
than mine.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards, for
thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup." -- unknown]