[rescue] Sun machines supporting half-height hard drives

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue May 3 16:36:37 CDT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 04:41:18PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2005, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> >Which Sun machines can handle 1.6" (half height) hard drives?
>
> U1 (one half-height drive, one low-profile in most cases, two low-
> profiles in some), U10, U30, U60, E250, E450 (if you're willing to
> sacrifice every other slot), and E3000.

Every U1 I've seen looked like it would work with one HH + one LP drive,
but one of the ones I had wouldn't.  You could stick a HH drive into it
but it just wouldn't work.  I tried several known good drives, and none
of them would work in that U1.  Both were non-E models, so it's not like
that was the difference between them either.  I never checked if there
were any differences in chassis part numbers.  I should have done that.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/