PHP - bodge - scale (was Re: [rescue] decisions, decisions)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue May 3 10:32:58 CDT 2005

Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
[...]
> Typo proof? What do you mean be that exactly? It accepts typos
> better, or it complains about typos more usefully?

Provided you remember to use strict, you get compile-time checking of
variable names and types (even though there are only three :); using
warnings will shake out more at run time.

Python doesn't seem to manage this. Variables are just brought into
life at first use, and all type checking is at run time.

Python's main benefit is that once the code is written and debugged,
it looks prettier than Perl. However, I don't tend to find myself
needing to look at finished code terribly often, so this isn't of
much benefit to me.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpndc