[rescue] decisions, decisions

David Stipp dstipp at coolhack.net
Tue May 3 10:00:53 CDT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:49:37AM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> Kurt Mosiejczuk <kurt at csh.rit.edu> wrote:
> [...]
> > I like RT a lot. However, it *buries* the CPU of the U1 I have it
> > on. At first I thought it was MySQL, but no, it's RT. Which runs
> > inside mod_perl on apache. I set my apache processes to die after
> > serving 25 requests and my swap usage almost completely went away.
>
> We've got RT running on a dual 2.66GHz Xeon system and it also about
> as fast as a stoned sloth. Reputedly the newer version has had the
> bottleneck removed and might actully give same-day service.

Here, we have RT running on a DP opteron 248, with mysql on a separate
sunfire v120. RT is pretty responsive, though some queries take ~2-3
seconds to load. (No, the database server never gets pegged.)

Re newer versions, have you ever looked at the RT2 -> RT3 migration
path?

You have to dump everything out of the RT2 database to flat files, then
repopulate into RT3.

When I did a sample run with 10k tickets, it took > 6 hours. I went home
at that point, so don't know when it actually finished. (If anyone has
done this before and wouldn't mind giving any pointers to speed the
process up, I'd appreciate it.)

David

--
David Stipp <dstipp at coolhack.net>