[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon May 2 15:35:57 CDT 2005

Sun, 01 May 2005 @ 20:57 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> > By blowing it back out, and by having fewer dust inputs than a negative
> > flow case!
> >
> > Come on man... :)
>
> Your argument appears to be based upon the premise that no dust is going
> to enter the case via the intake fans.

Not at all, I assume it *will* come in.

You are right that you need a filter, because then the unwanted routes
which are unfiltered will be exhaust only.  That's ideal I think, though
a lot of people think they can filter all inputs and use negative
pressure.  I don't think that's ever true for PC cases.

Mostly I'm thinking unfiltered inputs on negative pressure cases, and it
messed up my posting a bit.  You are right about needing the filter on
positive pressure case inputs.

Still, I have changed unfiltered cases to positive pressure and they
were visibly less dusty.  Perhaps it was other factors.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.