[rescue] Q: non-Solaris OS on Sun Blade 100?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:29:35 CST 2005

I guess this qualifies as Rescue since the Blade is out of the support
list...

Has anyone successfully installed any OS other than Solaris on a
Sun Blade 100?

I have managed to get FreeBSD 5.3 installed (after the dma="0"
business), but am now getting gem0 ethernet timeouts (so no
stable remote connection :-(.)

The only references I have found for this are back in 5.2 archives,
and there was no solution mentioned.

And, oh, my, is the USB keyboard is glacially slow.  It's almost
impossible to type slow enough to even work on it.  I may just
throw in the towel and attempt Sol 10 with fingers crossed that
it might be faster than Sol 9 was.

Thanks--
=Nadine=