[rescue] OT: Network Blinkenlights

Rox rox at sunmuseum.org
Mon Mar 7 17:45:14 CST 2005

On 7 Mar 2005 at 23:29, Shirker wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that there's been a disturbing trend recently in
> the way the activity LEDs on network equipment work?

Yes.

> * is this "new feature" annoying anyone else, or just me?

I find it annoying

> * what brands of network kit that you've used have the
> flash-once-per-frame blinkenlights?

D-Link, ACAP*

This feature hasn't annoyed me to the extent that I have bothered to
modify the offending equipment yet. The situation that drives me to
that is the use of green LEDs to indicate fault conditions and red ones
to indicate normal operation. What were those designers thinking?

* As Cheap As Possible - aka ABUNHO (A Brand yoU Never Heard Of)

--
  Regards
  -/ Rox /-    <sunmuseum.org>