[rescue] Sun VME bits for sale

jwb-tech at picarefy.com jwb-tech at picarefy.com
Mon Mar 7 12:35:55 CST 2005

   + Clearpoint SNX2RAM/16 board. This is a 9U VME board with 16 megabytes
     of 100ns parity RAM on it in the form of soldered 1Mx1 DIPs, plus a lot
     of other stuff. It has more lights than any of Sun's fancy ECC boards,
     plus it has a norm/diag switch, a DE9F port, and a reset button. I
     have no idea what models it might work with, or whether it even
     works. The plain parity RAM suggests 3/1xx, but the few Google hits
     for SNX2RAM suggest that they were found in 4/2xx machines. It's
     yours for the cost of shipping.

   + two 501-1217 "Sun-3" SCSI boards. External DD50 connector, no P2
     connection. Condition unknown but they look OK. $5 each plus
     shipping.

   + a Sun 511 shoebox with two Micropolis 1558 drives and an Emulex
     MD21. Heavy! (41 pounds) Yours for the cost of shipping. Last known
     working but that was a while ago now.

I'll be glad to answer any questions. If you want anything, let me know
and I'll give you a shipping quote. At that point, you have five days to
pay (paypal) or make arrangements (check or money order), or it goes to
the next person in line. I hate to be a hardass, but I've had way too
many transactions (including the last two I tried to set up via this
list) require weeks of reminders or simply vaporize entirely at that
point. I'm trying to get stuff out of my apartment so I can walk around
without tripping, and do it without just throwing stuff in the trash,
but if it sits for weeks waiting for an unresponsive buyer, that's not
really helping.

Thanks!

--James B.