[rescue] Solaris 9 ISOs, was (no subject)

Espen Randen rescue at lpl.nu
Fri Mar 4 08:44:24 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 01:24:52AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Espen Randen wrote:
> >Yes, the iso images are identical to the official cds from Sun.
> >But in their ultimate wisdom, Sun has decided to not make it possible
> >to download Solaris 9 iso images from their website after Solaris 10
> >is installed.
> >That is, if you haven't downloaded them before. Check a previous thread
> >on this list for a more thorough discussion.
>
> Can you expand on this a bit?
>
> How can they keep you from downloading 9 after you install 10?
>
> Or do you mean something else entirely?

Whoops. It's a typo. I meant to write "... after Solaris 10 is released".
That is, when Sun released Solaris 10 I couldn't find any links on www.sun.com
to download Solaris 9 anymore.

http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/9/ only gives you links to order the
media kit or download Solaris 10.

But as Dan Williams wrote, they are still available here;
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Software/

Be aware that the page was last updated June 22 2004, and doesn't contain
any links to Solaris 9 Update 6 (Solaris 9 4/04).

--
"YOU, with the C++ compiler and no knowledge of how computers work!
Back away from the keyboard with your hands up, NOW!"