[rescue] HP visualize C180 boot hung..

Wai-Sun Chia waisun.chia at hp.com
Fri Mar 4 06:41:56 CST 2005

Just rescued a C-class (C180) PA-RISC HP workstation...
Tried to boot but cursor hangs in the bottom left-hand corner of the
monitor. Disks can be heard spinning up and being accessed..

Downloaded the docs, and RTFM, still clueless (being PA-RISC newbie, as
I'm really a DEC-fan). LEDs passed all self-tests according to TFM.

So I'm thinking with DEC workstations, you can actually divert all
console output from the video to the serial output so that you can
attach a dumb terminal to a serial port.

Any ideas if this is the case with HP workstations?

/wai-sun