[rescue] Booting the general

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Thu Mar 3 18:46:15 CST 2005

Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> On Thursday, March 3, 2005, at 07:37  PM, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
>

>> I tried that earlier. Actually with just b it will search all the
>> drives if one is available to boot from but I didn't know if it
>> needed any parameters after that to boot. Like the boot harddisk
>> appreantly boots via boot sc(ncsc(0),0)root:/dg-ux -3
>>
>> Maybe I have to write the ISO differently to get it to boot.
>

> Is this a box that requires a CD-ROM to be set to 512 byte blocks to
> boot like Sun/SGI/HPPA?

The plextor I have you can switch it to 512 byte blocks so I tried both
settings. I guess I need to write the ISO different that I have. For now
I used toast in OS X but I guess I need to try cdrecord under bsd maybe.
Toast thinks it's an invalid iso so I don't know if it changes anything
while writing.

Gonna keep on trying. Can't wait to get this box online.

-- Thomas