[rescue] Booting the general

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Thu Mar 3 18:37:58 CST 2005

r.stricklin wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2005, at 4:24 PM, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
>
>> I am trying to boot dg/ux but somehow missing something I guess.
>> There are no DOCS online anymore so I was wondering if anybody has
>> some installation manuals for dg/ux from cd-rom and some useful tips
>> maybe on get this box up and running.
>>

> what model of aviion is it again? i assume you're using the built-in
> scsi. the exact command will vary depending on the hardware.
>
> try b sd(insc(),target#) and see where you get. use the scsi target id
> of the drive containing your boot media.
>
> if your media is tape, use b st(...
>
> ok
> bear

I tried that earlier. Actually with just b it will search all the drives
if one is available to boot from but I didn't know if it needed any
parameters after that to boot. Like the boot harddisk appreantly boots
via boot sc(ncsc(0),0)root:/dg-ux -3

Maybe I have to write the ISO differently to get it to boot.

-- Thomas