[rescue] sun ultra 5s - trade for memory??

Rox rox at sunmuseum.org
Thu Mar 3 05:16:57 CST 2005

On 2 Mar 2005 at 21:19, Geoff Koehler wrote:

> I just picked up 3 333MHz PGX24 ultra 5's for cheap.
> ... While disks are cheap/easy, memory is not really.

If you are prepared to take a needle file and enlarge the keyway slot
to make it fit, you can find DIMMs which will work at a fraction of the
cost of those made/sold specifically for the U5/U10. I have an U10 with
512Mb of Compaq RAM that cost me 15 minutes of dumpster diving and 20
minutes careful filing ;)

--
  Regards
  -/ Rox /-    <sunmuseum.org>