[rescue] KVM over IP

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Jun 28 18:56:53 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 18:32, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 07:50:05AM -0400, Steve Haavik wrote:
> > Is this the box?
> > http://thinklogical.com/products/fiber_optic_extenders/thinklogical_simpleLink.php
>
> Yep, that's it.
>
> > How do you like it?
>
> So far, it's great.  Had to update my Java browser plugin, but after that
> it works fine.
>
> Bill

Where I work we bought a Adderlink (going by memory here) that allows
you to use VNC to connect to video/mouse/kb port.... we connected it
into a multi KVM chain and it works great.

I belive Lantronix also has a box that will do this.  Don't recall
costs.. but I think they were more costly than the one you mention.

-- Curt