[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Tue Jun 28 15:28:26 CDT 2005

   On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Do all your CRTs get used on a wide variety?  I wouldn't recommend
> tossing all your CRTS, but you might have a few locations where the
> only machines connected to that display can be set to be the same,
> then keep CRTs for the others.

   Well, I have a chronic lack of space, so the monitors wind up
getting shared around between numerous machines, sometimes at random
points in time.  I've got one I sit behind all the time, one that
gets used _occasionally_, and a "cold spare".  Any of them can be
used on almost any of my systems, *and* look decent in the process.

   If LCDs running outside their native resolution look like junk,
then I think I'll pass -- even with the space/weight/power savings.