[rescue] Sun crushes the used Sun market

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:20:28 CDT 2005

Atom wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2005, at 9:25 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:
>

>>I just realized that Sun is trying to kill off the used Sun
>>hardware market.
>>
>>This means good news for those of us collecting the older stuff.
>>
>>They just announced an $895 Opteron system, or, if you pay $30 a
>>month for 3 years, they give you the hardware, plus Sun Studio 10
>>and some other software, plus they give you a Sun support contract
>>(which I suppose lets you access all the stuff that used to be free).

It's gorgeous, it's fast, and its cheap.

Wow. Wow..

A real departure from Sun's latest ugly-duckling casework, at least.

I was just about to bid on the HP Xw6200 on eBay, but now... I do think
the XW6200 is a better deal at this point, however, considering a
similiarly configured Sun Ultra 20 is $2000+

-- Aaron