[rescue] Scotty's advice to Geordi (was Re: Follow-Up : Changing IP address in Solaris 10)

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Mon Jun 27 13:24:10 CDT 2005

On Jun 27, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 01:01:31PM -0500, Mike Parson wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 04:44:55PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> In at least two of them, I found
>> evidence that the previous admin would break things in odd ways to
>> force
>> his manual intervention.  Kinda like those movies with the sicko
>> parents
>> that make their kids sick, just so they can take care of them.
>>

> Didn't Scotty give that advice to Geordi? For those living in a
> cave and
> never had a TV, It was the chief engineer from Star Trek, tell it to
> the chief engineer in the next generation.
>
> Geoff.
> --

I cannot believe that I know this.

Scotty told Geordi to pad his repair estimate times so when the
device-that-goes-phht-this-week came on line in time for the big
finish, he'd look like a good engineer.

Saving grace - while I remember the episode, I do NOT recall the
episode title, air dates, or much of the plot line.  I refuse to try
and recover the memory.

Sending to Geeks - unless someone can tie in Scotty, Geordi or Star
Trek to Rescue computers . . .

Brian Dunbar
System Administrator II
Desk: (920) 751-3364