[rescue] installing bigger HD in Sun SparcEngine AXe

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Jun 27 11:12:46 CDT 2005

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:
> Yes, it is a limitation of the chipset.
>
> Unless it is ATA133 it will not address more than 137GB (there are a few
> ATA100 that implement the extension but they are rare).

I have an ATA66 machine at home (IBM Intellistation dual PPro-200) that
addresses 160GB just fine.  (Granted it took a REAAAAAAAAALY long time
to rsync all the data from the other 160GB drive....)

-DanD

# Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it.
#     -Thomas Jefferson