[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Jun 27 01:44:01 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 11:19:22PM -0400, Aaron Finley wrote:
> A foot away, and even two feet away I can see it. I can see it on the
> Apple Studios also. Once you see it, you can always pick it out. With
> the Viewsonic it really looks like I am working with 8-bit textures again.

Don't worry by the time you hit 45, they will look wonderful. :-)

The technology to wait foris the up and coming OLED (Organic LED). A
conductive matrix is printed on any non conductive surface and then the
dots are added. The manufacturing process is similar to printing with an
inkjet printer.

Although current TFT technology requires relativly large spaces between the
pixels, OLED can easily produce a resolution of 300 pixels per inch. In
quantity a 3.5" 800x600 screen will sell for about $5. This means sub $100
monitors with very high resolutions by today's standards.

The disadvantage is the red and green leds loose half their intensity in
about 10,00 hours, the blue about 3,000. This means that they will
probably have user replaceable screens.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
VoN  Skype: mendelsonfamily. Looking for work as a CTO or consultant in
handheld gaming, large systems development, handheld device construction, etc.
See U.S. patent applications  20050108591,  20050107165.