[rescue] Backups

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sun Jun 26 14:28:39 CDT 2005

Shirker <shirker at mooli.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> How fast do you need to feed data to a DLT?
> Tech specs for the DLT2000 (10/20GB) say 1.25MB/s native. Later
> drives presumably require an even faster rate.

The last time I had a machine with a hard drive that slow was my Amiga
4000. It had a 120GB WDC drive (which I still have and still works)
and the nastiest design of IDE interface you've ever seen.

Contemporary cheap crap is doing upwards of 30MB/s.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpndc