[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 10:44:17 CDT 2005

> I finally got rid of my last CRT (at work; I got rid of all my CRTs at
> home when I moved six months ago).  When Dell 17" ES173FP flat panels
> are $225 or less, it's hard not to..
>
> Bill

As per my previous reply, I just purchased a ViewSonic Vp201S/Vp2000s.

Well, I am selling it, I've only had it 4 days, but I hate it. My father
loves it, and I sold it to him at cost, so now I'm looking for another
monitor.

The reason I ditched the Viewsonic was the screen door effect. Why, on a
professional series monitor, can I see the pixels from a foot away? I do
not even have my new computer yet, but I cannot imagine running the
applications I wish to (IFX Piranha) on such a lousy screen. The SGI
1600SW is old, old, old, but it trounces the Viewsonic in this area.

Any suggestions for a flat panel with better picture quality? I was
looking at the HP L1955 before.

-- Aaron Finley