[rescue] Hitachi drives..?

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Sat Jun 25 22:36:20 CDT 2005

> I really don't want to start a whole thread banging drive
> interface technology or quality, but just looking for any
> honest experiences with Hitachi's IDE drives.  Seem to have
> longer warranty (3 yrs) than other brands.  I think I've
> heard that their SCSIs are decent, but never heard anyone use
> their IDE.

I've been burned by modern Hitachi Deathstars in the 40-80 gig range.
And Seagate now has a 5 year warantee. Not that Seagate hasn't had some
problems, but they seem to cure them quickly and take care of the
customer.

----
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand
binary and those who don't.