[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:45:43 CDT 2005

Bill Bradford wrote:

> I finally got rid of my last CRT (at work; I got rid of all my CRTs at
> home when I moved six months ago).  When Dell 17" ES173FP flat panels
> are $225 or less, it's hard not to..
>
> Bill

Yeah, flat panel prices are really coming down.

I bought a Viewsonic Vp2000s off of eBay for $400. I just got it today
and set it up, and it is pretty good. Alot of space and quality for
$400. I just have some reservations with the picture quality versus my
SGI 1600SW, but I am running the 3dlabs Oxygen VX-1 1600SW card still,
which dosent have DVI, so the Viewsonic is running through the analog
HD15 connection.

I wonder how much better it will look with DVI-DVI? At this point, the
Viewsonic is alot brighter, but the 1600SW has better photo quality and
much less pixelation (but it is digital-digital).

The idea is to find another Viewsonic VP201/2000 and run them side by
side. Now that will be nice.

-- Aaron