[rescue] Will an E420R....

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jun 22 23:45:39 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:02:10PM -0700, haroldkarl at juno.com wrote:
> the E420R will not use 128 meg memory, period. it will only use the
> 256meg and the special 64 meg memory. they are very picky mbs.

Yep, here's "memconf" from my fully-packed 420R:

root at ohno:~> memconf
hostname: ohno.mrbill.net
Sun Enterprise 420R (4 X UltraSPARC-II 450MHz)
socket U0301 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U0302 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U1301 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U1302 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U0401 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U0402 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U1401 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U1402 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U0303 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U0304 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U1303 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U1304 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U0403 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U0404 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U1403 has a 256MB DIMM
socket U1404 has a 256MB DIMM
empty sockets: None
total memory = 4096MB (4GB)
WARNING: Layout of memory sockets not completely recognized on this system.
       The memory configuration displayed should be correct though since this
       is a fully stuffed system.
       This is a known bug due to Sun's 'prtconf', 'prtdiag' and 'prtfru'
       commands not providing enough detail for the memory layout of this
       SunOS 5.9 SUNW,Ultra-80 system to be determined.
       This is not a bug in memconf, rather it is a bug in Sun's OBP.
       The latest release (OBP 3.33.0 2003/10/07) still has this bug.
       This system is using OBP 3.31.0 2001/07/25 20:35

--
bill bradford
houston, texas