[rescue] HP zx6000

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Jun 21 10:41:07 CDT 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:18:00 -0400
Aaron Finley <aaronfinley at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I can't understand why someone wants to run HPsUX without beeing
> > forced to do? If you where hunting a HP-Itanic to run VMS, OK.
> I was waiting for someone to say thos exact words :-)
;-)

> Basically, It's the only major OS I haven't been exposed to.
You are missing nothing.

If all you want is play with HPsUX you should go with a B2000, C3000
or the like. They are rather cheap so you can get quite some bang for
the $$.

> The problem is the price to performance ratio. I can't really justify
> it anymore. A J6700 goes for $1200, and so does a 3.6 GHZ Xeon xw6200.
Well. AFAIK the fastest PA-RISC ist still 1 GHz and this is equivalent
to a 2 GHz P IV. As 1 GHz PA-RISC is the top of the line you have to pay
top $$$$.

> Yeah, oh well, about to give up and get a PC and Linux. At least I can
> put a Nvidia FX3400 in the xw6200. Those things fly.
You really need that much OpenGL power? What are you running? CAD? 3D
modeling? ???
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen