[rescue] HP zx6000

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jun 21 00:47:39 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:29:35PM -0400, Aaron Finley wrote:
> Well certainly not the $3000 I just found on eBay. But they are very
> quick.. and run HP-UX.

Ahh, I'd forgotten HP-UX ran on them.. and VMS now, right?

The last Itanium I dealt with was a "loaner" Itanium-1 box that Dell
was thinking of marketing and selling.. They sent it to us ($WORK) to test
out, then decided not to make/sell Itanium boxes, and didn't want it back
(and I think even denied they'd made it, at one point).

Last I heard a couple of our guys got some Linux to run on it...

Bill

--
bill bradford
houston, texas