[rescue] large UPS ...

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Mon Jun 20 12:49:27 CDT 2005

> Hmmmm... I have one I need to work, you have one you don't need.  Just
> maybe we could swap something?  Or if you're not using it, shipping plus
> some cash boot for JUST the converter board? (That would be heavy enough,
> that transformer is a monster!!)  I'd prefer just the manuals and
> schematics and just fix the condemned thing in situ, but I'll take what I
> can get to get some redundancy and some capacity under my main server.

Right, I will look at it when I go over to the office tonite... I need to
verify it is the 2500va model and not the 1500va, mine had normal plugs
not twistlocks... although this one Compaq unit has a 30amp connector, I
believe it's a

> (Several non-profit-group historical-freaks are counting on this machine
> being up... Plus I was using it to provide emergency power to one of the
> main filters on my marine aquarium setup, to keep from killing a lot of
> fish and invertebrates when/if the power dies.)

ahhh... heh, multiple uses! I will check tonite and report back what I have.

Also, did you verify that the original batteries and your batteries
matched in voltage? Some UPSes use batteries that appear to be 12vdc, but
are really 6vdc... some are 12, some are 24, some are 48, a few are 18...

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460