[rescue] Backups

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jun 20 00:12:16 CDT 2005

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 @ 21:35 -0400, Nadine said:

> > The 7200.8 disks seem to be very much like SCSI disks with a SATA bus
> > interface. They have a five year warranty, and support TCQ which is
> > what normally makes SCSI perform better than IDE.
>
> What's the price point on those?

I got two Seagate Barracuda SATA NCQ drives, 80GB, for $55 each at New
Egg.

They are fast and quiet, and seem to perform well all around.

Also, they are real SATA, not IDE drives with a SATA bridge like a lot
of other units (Maxtor and WD comes to mind).

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Consulting wouldn't be what it is today
without Microsoft Windows" -- Chris Pinkham]