[rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Jun 18 13:07:27 CDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 01:17:31AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:

> I remember actually *buying* a game (for the BBC micro) sometime in the
> mid 1990s (sorry to be so vague ... but Hawkwind is playing which has
> that effect on me). First ever game I bought, and the copy protection
> was so bad that I returned it and waited for it to be released via the
> pirate network.

I had a similar problem with Psygnosis games for the Amiga. Great games,
took 10 minutes to load from floppy due to the copy protection. When I
upgraded to an 2000 (with a hard disk) from the 1000, I found that
there was no way to install the game on the hard disk without getting
a pirate version.

At that point I "voted with my feet" and never bought another Psygnosis
game. That was about 17 years ago.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
VoN  Skype: mendelsonfamily. Looking for work as a CTO or consultant in
handheld gaming, large systems development, handheld device construction, etc.
See U.S. patent applications  20050108591,  20050107165.