[rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Jun 17 08:33:35 CDT 2005

Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... Atom
> On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:27 AM, William Enestvedt wrote:
>
>> Phil asked:
>>

>>> Anyone remember when copy protection was REALLY bad back
>>> about the late 1980s?
>>>

>>    What, like requiring you to type in answers from the manual [Sim
>> Earth, I believe -- which, when I lost the manual, I just dug out with
>> ResEdit], or using a colored (non-photo blue?) plastic filter to read
>> some text from a card that needed to be entered to install or
>> launch the
>> game?
>>    Man, those were the days...
>
> Or the spinny wheel for monkey island. Just had to xerox it and voila
> hehe...

Then there was X-Wing which required you to type in the Imperial
characters off of the manual from a certain page to make the right "code".

There also was the age verification in Leisure Suit Larry which required
you to know history.  That was pretty cool actually... ;-)

Mike Hebel
----
"Without balance and consistent growth the only option is to degrade.
There is no other solution." - Anonymous