[rescue] Siplex sun-pc keyboard converters

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Fri Jun 17 07:26:44 CDT 2005

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Paul Mantz wrote:
> > Sorry to return to an old topic, but I really want to know what these
> > converters are:  I might want to get a couple.
>
> iirc, they let you plug a PC keyboard and a Sun keyboard into a Sun
> simultaneously.  This lets you use things like, say, a Kinesis and still
> have the Sun left-side function-keys available.

 Not exactly, these things let you connect a Sun machine directly to a PS/2 KVM
switch with emulation of all the extra keys. It attaches to the sun keyboard
port on the sun and has vga passthrough and ps/2 keyboard ports.

 The only problem is that I only seem to have PC versions. However these things
are flash-upgradable and the different software for sun and pc version is
downloadable from the website. The manufacturer however warns that you cannot
flash a PC version with the sun firmware. So I'm not 100% sure these things are
usable. It's manufactured by Infratec and the product line is called signum.

  greetings,
   Michiel