[rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Jun 17 07:10:55 CDT 2005

Peter Corlett wrote:
>>All this crap needs to stop. All it does is punish the people who
>>actually support the software providers, and software providers
>>don't exactly have a good track record of quality and support.
>
> I note that Tiger is not protected. It seems to just fly off the
> shelves.

Anyone remember when copy protection was REALLY bad back about the late
1980s?  Anyone remember how many people abandoned (for instance) Lotus
123 because they couldn't back it up?  The industry appeared to have
learned the lesson then.  I guess the beancounters forgot it again ....

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 408-592-8081         Landline: 603-886-3518