[rescue] Backups

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Jun 15 12:04:46 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 11:33:27AM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... sammy ominsky
>> On Jun 15, 2005, at 12:05, Mike Hebel wrote:
>>
>>> Then there's the whole "backround services" issue.  For instance I've
>>> run
>>> into occasions where having Direct CD installed
>>
>> Yeah, but windows software doesn't run on *nix boxes, so why worry
>> about it?  Oh wait, you're a windows user?  Uh...
>
> That insult was uncalled for.  I use no Windows at home except for one
> game machine that also happens to have WAP configuration software on
> it.The majority of users are Windows based and he said he used Nero.
> Last time I checked Nero doesn't come for other platforms.

http://ww2.nero.com/enu/NeroLINUX.html

But yeah, the insults were uncalled for.  I run multiple OSes at home,
including a single Windows box, on which I do my photo editing, video
work, Quicken, and the occasional game playing.

I also use Trend A/V, Microsoft's anti-spyware, and Spybot S&D's
tea-timer.  Running any OS requires responsibility.

>>>   And if you've got spyware, by some random chance,
>>
>> Spyware?  Why worry about that?  Oh, that's right...

*sigh*

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org