[rescue] Backups

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Jun 15 09:54:05 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 10:40:02AM -0400, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> Speaking of backups. Do any of you know if backups to DVD+R/RW are
> feasable, and reliable? I've made one failed attempt, but it was on a
> cheap DVD writer using some fairly old software.

There was a pretty long thread about this a while back on the
netbsd-users list.  I think it was mostly for backing up to cdr/cdrw,
but a few people had scripts for writing to named pipes and pushing that
to disc, etc.

(dig through archived mail)

Starts here:

http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/netbsd-users/2002/01/