[rescue] email clients; was For Sale/Trade - Cobalt Qube 2

Mike Meredith mike at redhairy1.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 12:42:28 CDT 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:01:45 -0400, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> Yeah... right now I'm running Windows, plan to migrate to BSD but
> delaying  that until my life is settled again.

Yes I spotted that. I was trying to avoid making comments or I'd come
across like one of those extreme Unix bigots, but *really* using Windows
for email?

You could look at Pegasus Mail; it's a bit clunky but is pretty
powerful.

> I was thinking, list admin.

I spotted that (which was where the vague comment came from), but a
'report abuse' to a 'site admin' button/command would be useful too.

> >Or just have an 'unsubscribe' button which would be enabled with a
> >List-Unsubscribe header.
>
> I was thinking that unsubscribe isn't necessarily the only thing one
> might  want to do with one's subscription. Maybe a multi-function

Good point, although 'unsubscribe' is probably the most common thing to
do, and on lists with less sophisticated users it is obvious that an
'unsubscribe' button would not only be useful but save the list members
much noise.

I don't think (am I'm hoping someone might have some interesting
suggestions here) that the state of the art in MUAs has improved much
since Zmail. They've gotten marginally prettier which is ok, and some
have been encrusted with calendars, but they haven't gotten that much
better. They haven't grown much more intelligent in helping us process
email, and there don't seem to be new features to help us work with
email.

I suppose I really ought to write my own (and I now fall off my chair
laughing).