[rescue] Solaris Software raid resilience

Paul H obi at frozenphoenix.net
Tue Jun 14 00:08:10 CDT 2005

Does any one know how well Solaris9's software raid reacts to having
hardrives change controllers?

I have have to move all the drives in the array (raid5 all on one
controller, the performance hit is not an issue for me, I use other
partions when i need performance) to another controller. I'm moving from
the temporary solution (HVD sbus card -> HVD-SE converter ->Sun711 case
full of 9 gigs) to the permanent solution of a SE Fast/Wide Controller I
now have for the machine.

What process do I have to follow to move the drive from one controller
to an other?

Paul