[rescue] email clients; was For Sale/Trade - Cobalt Qube 2

Mike Meredith mike at redhairy1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 11:46:06 CDT 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:49:53 -0400, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> I've been thinking lately that email clients are pretty stupid in a

Indeed.

> lot of  ways. Few of them will do threading, and all that I've seen
> stick with the  standard "reply" and "reply all" options and nothing
> else.

Odd. I would have expected those options to be more widespread.
Certainly Sylpheed-Claws has threading and "reply to list" (and lots of
other stuff).

> 5) Maybe an extra button for "forward to administrator" and a way to
> tell  it where to find the administrator email address, if it's in the
> headers,  or a way to set it manually.

Now that would be useful, although I suspect we have different meanings
there. I'd like an option that would allow users to forward emails
including full headers to me ... doesn't matter how often I explain the
process, they always het it wrong.

> 6) Maybe a button to kick your browser off and send it to the
> subscription  web page.

Or just have an 'unsubscribe' button which would be enabled with a
List-Unsubscribe header.