[rescue] Siplex sun-pc keyboard converters

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Mon Jun 13 08:27:40 CDT 2005

  Hello,

 Yesterday I bought seven SUN keyboard converters, Siplex SMS U8 and some other
versions. Has anyone worked with these things? From the manual and web it looks
like with these you can connect a SUN workstation to a PC KVM switch or keyboard
and also use it as some sort of serial terminal to KVM-switch adapter, anybody
know more of how this works with serial terminals? And finally, these things are
reprogrammable, anybody tried that? I also have 1 or 2 PC versions and it would
be really nice if they could be reprogrammed to do SGI Indigo.

  greetings,
   Michiel