[rescue] Origin 200 Boot

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jun 10 15:12:20 CDT 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:12:05 -0500
Wes Will <wwill at siu.edu> wrote:

> I'll assume, then, that you've removed anything not necessary (only
> one cpu board, minimal memory, no graphics set (just the serial
> terminal), etc),
I removed 6 of the 8 memory modules, 2 modules is the minimum.
An Origin 200 has only a single CPU module. There are CPU modules with
only a single CPU and CPU modules with two CPUs on one module. I have a
dual R10k 180 MHz module.
There is no GFX as the Origon 200 can't have GFX at all. (But there is a
hack to put a SI / ESI XIO board from an Octane into a XBox and connect
it to a Origin 200.)
Yes, I "kreidlered" the machine, i.e. disassembled it and reseated all
connectors.

Now it hangs even earlier:
IRIX Release 6.5 IP27 Version 04070317 System V - 64 Bit
Copyright 1987-2004 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

QLFC: running as interrupt thread.
QLFC: using spinlocks.
Setting rbaud to 19200
root on
/hw/module/1/slot/MotherBoard/node/xtalk/8/pci/0/scsi_ctlr/0/target/1/lun/0/d
isk/partition/1/block ; dumpdev on /dev/swap ; boot swap file on /dev/swap
swplo 81000

> checked the connections and card seating, and then started to swap CPU
> boards, memory boards, and other bits one at a time from this other
> working O200, as well?
I have no other working Origin 200. I had only access to an other
machine for a few houres when I got this box.

Apropos XBox: I have the XBox connector PCB. But it loooks like I need
some funky flex cables to connect this board to the Origion 200 main
board?
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen