[rescue] Origin 200 slave to single master conversion

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jun 10 03:19:04 CDT 2005

Hi.

I am giving up with google. I got an Origin 200 that was previously the
slave node in a dual node configuration.

How do I configure a slave Origin 200 to be a single stand alone master
node?

I already switched the dip switch on the MSC board. I can now talk to
the firmware, get into the command monitor, start an instalation, ...

I reseted the PROM variables when I got the machine in the hope to fix
the hang with "resetenv", "update" and "init".

I tried with different disks and it still hangs at:
Creating miniroot devices, please wait...
When booting the instalation tools miniroot.

It is not completely hang at that point. I can press the power switch
and then I get messages from the kernel. It drops to a shell until it
actually powers down. It looks like it tries to probe something, gets
stuck and just waits for somthing.

Is there a way to speed up the self test? The machine needs ages to
fsck its 2 GB of RAM when the PROM displays:
Testing/Initializing all memory ...
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen