[rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Mon Jun 6 17:38:07 CDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 16:04, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> The Pentium D is the one with in-built on-chip DRM.  It's a product I
> simply will not have on my premises... ever...

This is worrisome to me, as well. I've heard speculation that this is
at least half the reason that Apple finally decided to switch to
Intel, though - this way, they will be able to deliver Hollywood-
approved streaming movies. The entertainment industry finally *will*
own your PC, and Apple is going to usher in this new age of computing!
Also, as a bonus, you'll get to watch movies for (still) too much
money. That makes up for it, right?

Honestly though, if somebody asked me what Apple was thinking when
they switched, that answer makes the most sense to me out of any.

  - Micah