[rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jun 5 00:23:55 CDT 2005

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> Apple machines haven't had a ROM in hardware for a long time.

I think you mean that Apple machines haven't had the toolbox in ROM in a
long time.  Without ROM, you'd have to toggle in the boot code on front-
panel switches.

> All New World machines use a ROM in RAM file for Classic MacOS and OS
> X doesn't use a ROM file at all.

That's strictly for the toolbox.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "It's alright for someone to sleep past noon every
Elgin, TX         (   once in a while.  That's what it means to be a