[rescue] My new UltraSparc 5's, also my first Sun stations

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Fri Jun 3 08:41:11 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 07:59:21AM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> That's a funny statement, given that an Ultra 10 is a Ultra 5 in a tower
> case.  It *might* be faster if you stick a Creator3D card in the U10,
> but that's about the only thing you can do in an Ultra 10 you can't do
> in an Ultra 5 (besides the 1 extra PCI slot on the riser card).

It's also slightly more difficult to get 1G into the U5 because the floppy
gets in the way (it can't take DIMMs as high as the U10 can take). Of
course, one can always take the floppy out or buy "stacked" DIMMS...

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mj.turner.org.za/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/