[rescue] My new UltraSparc 5's, also my first Sun stations

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Jun 2 17:44:37 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:36:07 -0400
"James Fogg" <James at jdfogg.com> wrote:

> Compiling anything on a U5 is an exercise in frustration
Spoiled child. I do all my codeing on a 300 MHz U10. This involves
regular builds of the whole NetBSD source tree. This can take up to one
day if I recompile X11 together with the base system. Compiling KDE
(only to get konqueror as web browser) took two days. It is no problem.
Start compile and take care of other things.

Get a MicroVAX 2000 / VAXstation 2000 to adjust your attitude. This is a
slow machine. (0.9 MIPS)

;-)
--

tsch|_,