[rescue] My new UltraSparc 5's, also my first Sun stations

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Thu Jun 2 10:41:50 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, velociraptor wrote:

[the power of snippage]

> Have fun!

I'd like to chime in here with a vote for the
not-so-far-mentioned-in-this-thread OpenBSD. It Just Works(tm) to a
greater extent than any other unixoid OS I've ever used, and has been
highly rated in previous informal "what shall I use for (job n)?" polls on
this list.

The "pkg_add
ftp://your.nearest.mirror.openbsd.org/version/packages/platform/package_name.tgz"
package management is great; it auto-resolves dependencies for you (and
downloads them from that same FTP mirror and installs them) and new in 3.7
is a package upgrade command.

/OBSD_fanboy

Ed.