[rescue] OT: Intel 510T switch question

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Fri Jul 29 22:45:47 CDT 2005

On Jul 29, 2005, at 11:40 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 23:25, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>
>> Those are supposed to speak 9600/n/8/1 via null cable. Those 510's are
>> not known for being reliable.  Icky-icky-icky-patang!
>
> Thanks a lot Mike, I just put one into production!  Argh...
>
> Is the 460T better than the 510T ?

Yes. We had all sorts of 'issues' with them at Cidera. The 460's
weren't without issue either but seemed to be better overall. IIRC the
5x0 series would do some funky voodoo that I cannot remember as it has
been tooo loooooong ago.

Anyways, the 460 is just fine as a general purpose switch. Geez, we had
hundreds of those at Cidera. I almost wish I had kept a couple for
myself when I was liquidating the remaining units for them.

--
Mike N

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."