[rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple ?computers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 21 10:39:28 CDT 2005

>From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
>Date: Wed Jul 20 19:28:58 CDT 2005
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple  computers

>On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 07:32:27PM -0400, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>
>>    I agree that cubes should be banned.  Condemned criminals get more
>> space than most cubes afford.

Condemned criminals also spend less time in their cells than many spend in their cubes...

>I miss my old cube.  6' walls yes, but it had a comfortable chair and
>was a border cube along a wall long window and furniture that didn't
>tear my pants to shreds.

What a recipe for happiness! ;^)

>Now I'm in an office, but it has no door and is in the middle of the
>building with no windows and crappy lighting.  Now I really do feel
>imprisoned.  Plus, instead of one quiet laptop, I have 10 noisy machines
>that manage to make themselves heard around my headphones.  And instead
>of listening to the murmer of other people talking quietly (which I
>hated at the time), I get to hear endless intercom pages.

My wife actually proposed that we "recreate" her favorite cubicle arrangement in our new house - she wants an "L" shaped countertop with her monitor at the intersection, overhead shelving, and sufficient counter space to include her scanner, various documents, and good overhead lighting...

Anyone know about getting low-cost cubicle furniture installed in a residence? Also, what does low-cost cubicle furniture cost? Anyone have exp. installing such furniture in a residence?

Lionel