[rescue] Toshiba CD-ROM power connector (was Re: Purge Phase II and I combined)

K. Arun karbak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:35:10 CDT 2005

On 7/19/05, Shirker <shirker at mooli.org.uk> wrote:

> It's one subsection - IEC 320 covers quite a lot of connectors.
>
> Wikipedia says the connector (standard PC/lots of other electrical stuff
> power) is type C14:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the power connector used on
recent external SCSI CD-ROM drives from Toshiba is called  ?  Looking
at the diagrams here :

http://www.accesscomms.com.au/iec320.htm

, the closest seem to be either the C19 or C21 connectors, but the
Toshiba connector is round. I was given a CD-ROM unit without the
power cable, and finding one of these seems to be a mite difficult.

-arun