[rescue] Does IBM offer hobbiest license for AIX?

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 10:52:52 CDT 2005

An IBM 73-140 for up to AIX 4.3 and an IBM 73-150 for
AIX 5.x is a relatively inexpensive hardware choice.
I used to buy my cd's directly from IBM - but haven't
tried since AIX 5.2 - the order folks would give you
the price of around $50 for the disks and $500 for the
license - but you could (at one time) convince them
that you did not need the license - just the disks.
It also involved "registering" your machine serial
number in their database.

Regards
Steve